Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Few Words from the Newest J-Cat

Hallo, Effurrybuddies!

My name is Shimshon but effurryone calls me Shimshi!



I don't remember much about my early life, before I came to live here with my Human Mummy. I had a kitty-mama once, but she didn't want me and refused to feed me :-(
My Human Mummy says that's not because my kitty-mama didn't love me, but because she was furry young herself and she didn't have enough milk for me and my brofur, so she chose the one who she thought was most likely to grow up.
I was furry frightened when she left me, I didn't know who would look after me, but then a Human lady scooped me up and brought me here, to my Human Mummy, who promised to take care of me.

I remember one night, about a week after I came here, I got furry, furry sick and Mummy held me in her arms for a long, long time, till I started to feel a bit better. And then she gave me my name, the Mighty Shimshon - but that's much too long to say, so they all call me Shimshi.

It's nice here. I have plenty to eat and drink and toys to play with.
And I have a Big Sisfur and a Big Brofur too!

Big Brofur is called Caspurr. He's COOL! He lets me play with him and he's taught me to wrestle and he doesn't mind if I curl up next to him when he goes to sleep.



I don't think Big Sisfur Trixie likes me furry much though. She won't play with me and she hisses at me a lot. But then, she hisses at Caspurr as well. 

Maybe she just doesn't like boy-kitties. But sometimes, she comes up and sniffs at me, and lets me play "Catch" for about one minute, before hissing me away again. I don't understand it. She has such funny moods. Are all girl-cats like that, I wonder?



Oh-oh-oh! Mummy is just getting lunch ready! Gotta go! Bye for now! See you all later!

10 comments:

CATachresis said...

Shimshi, I reckon you really landed on your feet after a sticky start. Don't worry about Trixie, she's probably had a bad experience with a mancat in the past ! You just carry on sucking up .... I mean ... errr ..... snuggling the human mommy and you'll be quids in!! ;) xx

Cats Herd You said...

You are awfully cute, Shimshi! Don't worry, not all girl cats are like that, but we've noticed that a lot are. Just enjoy your buddy and don't worry too much about her being a party pooper!

JC said...

You are just too cute !!!

Love the photos of you with your new family.

So glad your Mom has taken you in.

Kate said...

You are so beautiful! Don't you worry about your sisfur. It's her loss!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Shimshi, you're just too adorable for words. :-)

As for your sister...Well, angel Annie was like that with Derry and she and Nicki detested each other. So as long as you steer clear of her and mind your manners with her, you should be okay!

The Island Cats said...

Shimshi, you are adorable. We enjoy getting to know you.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Shimshi, we welcome you you to survival, shelter, and yer Forever Home!

Jenna said...

Some kitties aren't as social as others, Shimshi. We think Trixie will eventually come around because you are a sweet kitten ;-)

meowmeowmans said...

Shimshi, you are adorable! And you sure did find a wonderful forever family!

GreatGranny said...

coming back to check on you and your furbabies. Trixie will probably come around. I wish you all peace and safety...still praying for you all.