Sunday, May 27, 2012

Home Cooking

Greetings, Fellow Felines (and C-a-n-i-n-e-s and Humans too)!

My Human had all her family plus a couple of Strangers round for a buffet supper last night. She brought the two Strangers into the bedroom where I was hiding behind the curtain to introduce us, and they tried to stroke Me - but I wouldn't let them. I don't like it when lots of people come here. It gets very noisy and I get frightened. I wasn't always a Scaredy-Cat. I don't know why that changed. I usually don't like being shut in the bedroom, but I was glad this time when Mummy shut the door so they couldn't get in.

Mummy promised me some tasty treats from all the lovely food she made  - but I wasn't sure if I could believe her, because the day before yesterday, before she went to supper at her Daddy's house, she promised to bring me a Kitty Bag and then she forgot all about it! And that's not the first time she's forgotten either!

But I needn't have worried. Almost as soon as the last guest had gone, she served up my supper - lovely, home-cooked salmon, in a delicate sour cream sauce. She prepared  it herself! Fancy Feast is fine for day-to-day purposes, but for holidays and festivals, like Shavuot, you can't beat Home Cooking. Yummy!

But she's still trying to poison me, Fellow Felines (etc.). Those anti-worm pills the V-E-T left with her that I told you about in my last blog - she keeps trying to sneak them into my food. Not the salmon, because she knows I would identify them at a glance, since the salmon is flaky, but in my Fancy Feasties (Tender Liver and Chicken paste - it's easier to disguise the ground-up pills in a paste). Well, I don't fall for that trick so easily. Does she think I was born yesterday???  Forget it, Mummy - just keep the salmon coming :-)

Preparing all that food and then hosting so many guests and, especially, cleaning up after they've gone, can be utterly exhausting, Fellow Felines (etc.). And I was really exhausted - so here I am, taking a rest.



Have a lovely week!

5 comments:

CATachresis said...

Hi Possum, nice to see you. But you sure are sneaky about your p-i-l-l!!

Katie Isabella said...

POSSUM! MY mommy has that same medicine for ME! She forgot to give them to me but now when she tries, I will be as adamant about them as YOU are. Thank you for showing me how.

Lots of love and pets and nose taps and kittie kisses to you dearling boy.
xoxox

Mariodacat said...

Hi Possum, nice to see you again. M says you remind her of her last kitty who also knew when a pill was hidden in the food. She couldn't fool that kitty either.

meowmeowmans said...

Possum, it is very nice to see you! Our Angel Maggie was very ggod at finding the p-i-l-l in her food, too.

Craig said...

Its so great to find a fellow Israeli blogger and cat lover - I noticed the HOT box set in one of your previous pictures!!

BTW my wife found this great cat vid from Israeli too, have you seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3yAhglqHck&feature=g-upl