Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cautious Optimism

Greetings, Fellow Felines!

Well, after a long wait (a week!) caused by a nation-wide shortage of the moist dietetic cat food, the V-E-T managed to obtain one box (containing a dozen individual pouches) of the precious commodity. It's very expensive - and Our Human paid extra to have it sent round by Special Delivery. But Pixie seems to like it and fell to with a will, when presented with a bowl of it mixed with her regular dry food. She even displayed an interest in the remains of Mummy's yoghurt - but I, Possum, beat her to it. She got the lovely smelly chicken-flavoured moist food while I had to make do with dry food (though Mummy did flavour my food with a few drops of Fancy Feast gravy - Ocean Whitefish and Tuna) - so it was only fair that I should have the privilege of licking out Mummy's plate, wouldn't you all agree?

Pixie here. No, I do not agree. I've been practically starving myself because I can't eat those dry foods and now that I've finally got a bit of an appetite back, I want to make the most of it.

Well, let's not squabble over it. It makes Mummy very unhappy when we do that. The main thing is, that we have found something that Pixie likes and which isn't bad for her.
I do wonder though - how is this going to affect our weekly ration of Fancy Feasties?

5 comments:

CATachresis said...

Hmmmm! Looks like Fancy Feasties are for the high jump! But I am glad you are doing so good, Pixie :)

Fuzzy Tales said...

We're very glad there's a food that Pixie loves and is eating with gusto! Good news!

Admiral Hestorb said...

THANK GOODNESS! I an SO glad!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!

Jenna and Sissy said...

We are thrilled Pixie now has food she likes. Eat hearty, precious Pixie. You will make your human very happy!

meowmeowmans said...

HOORAY! This is great news, indeed. Keep eating, Pixie. Hugs and purrs to you all, and Shabbat shalom.