Monday, October 17, 2011

Update on Pixie

Greetings, Fellow Felines!

Possum here, still holding down the fort while Pixie is sick. Mummy took her back to the V-E-T this morning for another infusion. She had to stay there all day (Pixie, I mean). But do you know what happened later, Fellow Felines, when our Human went back to collect Pixie? She decided that because I haven't been eating my dry foods, there must be something wrong with Me and that she should get Me checked out too. But she only has one (very large) Cat Carrier, which she had used to take Pixie to the V-E-T. So she borrowed another, smaller and rather smelly one from the V-E-T and kit-napped Me and took Me to That Place, where the V-E-T shaved off some of my beautiful fur and stuck a needle into me to take a sample of my (blue) blood. True, he said I carry myself like a King, which shows appropriate respect for Me, but that can hardly compensate for the Indignity of being shaved and made unconscious with gas and having needles stuck into Me!
Anyway, he said he can't find anything to explain a loss of appetite and that it was hardly surprising that I refused to eat those (IMHO - inferior) dry foods, when my Human gives me Fancy Feast every day. He told her Fancy Feast is not good for Pixie and Me, because of the very high protein content. But Mummy asked if she can at least give us Fancy Feast on Shabbat and he said okay, but only half a tin (about 42.5 grams).

But I am being selfish, Fellow Felines. You want to hear about Pixie, I know. Well, as I said, the vet said she wouldn't eat all day, not even Fancy Feasties. Mummy was terribly, terribly upset and in the car on the way home, a lot of water came out of her eyes. She was talking in a very low voice to her Daddy, our human grandpa (he gave us a lift) and I couldn't hear everything she said, because Pixie and I were in our carriers on the back seat, but it must have been Very, Very Serious, because he said to her not to give up hope. When we got home, he came up for coffee and apple pie, which she made for Shabbat (she hardly ever bakes) and they talked about Pixie some more and lots more water came out of her eyes. So now, I'm more worried than ever about Pixie. 


However, after Pixie had settled down again, Mummy gave her a bowl of Fancy Feast (the V-E-T said she could, just this time, even though it's not really good for her in general, just as long as she eats something, and until she gets her appetite back) and she ate quite a lot of it. And that made Mummy smile and tell Pixie what a Good Girl she is. So I think that must be a good sign. But Mummy is still worried, I can tell, she has a very troubled look on her face and I just heard her talking to someone from her choir on the phone, fragments of conversation about Pixie maybe not coming home again from the next visit to the V-E-T. Oh, Fellow Felines, I am so confused, I don't know whether to feel hopeful or despairing. Whatever shall I do if Pixie has to leave for the Bridge? We often squabble, but she's my sisfur and I love her and I don't want her to go. I just can't imagine life without Pixie! I am going to purr-ay for her with all my might tonight. I know many of you have been purring for her and sending positive energies and I hope you will continue to do so. 
Thank you all, dear  friends - from Me and from Pixie.



8 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

Oh Possum...darling Possum..please be alright and give Pixie all of our love..from each and every one of us here in the Cat Blogosphere and me in particular. I have known you kitties for years. Sending healing purrs and loves and pawhugs. And for your mommy too. Please keep us informed.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Wow, Possum. You must really put up a fuss if those V*T beans have to use gas before they steal your bloods.

We're still purrrrrring and purrrraying for Pixie. We're sending some headbuttts for your beans, too, to comfort them a little.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Oh.....Possum you poor baby...I feel so bad...I am praying that Pixie will be ok...Cody and I are sending purrs and prayers to her. I know it is all so confusing for you, we are so worried ourselves and are sending healing thoughts to you and ((((hugs)))) to you all

GreatGranny said...

Sweet Possum, thanks for the update. Your Sisfur has been on our minds. We love you and Pixie and we are purraying for her, you and Mom.
Mom says she won't be feeding me any more FF either and the dry stuffs will be it for me.
xoxo Kassey and her Mom

Whisppy said...

Thank you for the update, Possum. Your Mommy does sound very sad, and I certainly don't blame her. Can your Mommy try to steam some chicken breast for Pixie and you? Add some water when steaming so there's some nice chicken juice to go with the meat?
You are all in our prayers...

CATachresis said...

We're sending purrs and prayers too. Possum your mom must be very worried indeed. Keep strong. x

Jenna and Sissy said...

Hugs and purrs to all of you. It is no fun to go to the vet. Our mommy refers to it as "the necessary evil". We know you are so sad and worried.

The J-Cats said...

Thank you all for your purr-ayers and encouragement. Pixie is a teeny bit better (see the update I posted today), though not yet out of the woods. I must go now and help Mummy look after her. She'll never manage alone.